So, I love healthy eating. You know that, but every once in awhile, I need a good comforting dish to fill my stomach but to warm my soul a little. Now listen, I am not suggesting emotional eating daily! I am suggesting that we use food to fuel our body, but we have the ability to indulge, too!
Now listen, this food I am about to show you is no joke! It is serious comfort food, but it is on the healthy end of that spectrum. It uses healthy, densely nutritious ingredients to satisfy your hunger and that little part of your soul, too! 🙂
I hope you enjoy these recipes! I enjoyed them! Still working on self control. I am working to get the belief system down that I can and should enjoy foods like this, but in the proper portion sizes. So please check out these recipes, and do your best to control your portion sizes!
Peach Blackberry Cobbler–Gluten Free and Refined Sugar Free
- Topping Ingredients:
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 1/3 c rolled oats
- 1/4 c chopped pecans
- 1/4 c almond meal
- 1/2 c unsweetened, flaked, and toasted coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 c honey
- 1/4 c melted coconut oil
- Fruit Filling Ingredients:
- 2.5 c fresh blackberries
- 2.5 c fresh peaches
- 1/4 c fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp tapioca
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped mint
- Preheat oven to 350. Little grease 6 individual ramekins or an 8 in round or square baking dish.
- Combine filling ingredients and stir gently to combine without breaking up the berries.
- Combine dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Add in liquid ingredients and stir to be sure all dry ingredients are moist.
- Pour and spread the filling in the bottom of the pan. Crumble the topping over the filling ingredients until the fruit is covered.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes depending on baking dish.
Whole Wheat Ratatouille Pizza
- Whole Wheat Crust Ingredients:
- 1 c warm water (110 degrees)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp evoo
- 1 envelope rapid rise or instant yeast
- 2 3/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Ratatouille Topping Ingredients:
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes blended to smooth with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and italian seasonings
- 1 tsp evoo
- 1 zucchini halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 eggplant, halved and thinly sliced
- 5-8 mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 c grated or shredded carrots
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tomato diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp Italian seasonings
- 6 basil leaves julienned
- 1 c shredded Mozzarella and Provolone cheese
- 3/4 c crumbled goat cheese
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- To make the dough: Combine the warm water, honey, evoo, and yeast in a cup. Allow to sit and proof for 5 minutes to activate the yeast. In a separation bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to stir. Soon you will need your hands to work the remaining flour into the dough. Knead on a floured surface for a 5 minutes to work the dough. Put in an oiled bowl and cover for 10 minutes allowing the dough to rest before rolling.
- Preheat oven to 500. Saute veggies for topping. Heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, and garlic and saute for 3 minutes. Add in mushrooms and saute until soft. Add zucchini, tomato, and eggplant and saute for 3 more minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface and place on pizza stone or pan. Spread the blended tomato sauce over the top of the dough leaving about 1/2 inch around the outside for crust. Cover the sauce with the shredded Mozzarella and Provolone cheese with freshly grated Parmesan.
- Cover the cheese with sauteed veggies. And top with the julienned basil and goat cheese. Place in the oven and cook for approximately 10-15 minutes.
I hope this recipe livens up your cold winter or your hot summer nights. If you have questions or just want to connect, please feel free to Email Me! If you are looking for a health and fitness coach that will motivate you and help you on your journey, please feel free to check out My Site, register, and check out products I believe in. Let me take this journey with you!